BLS for Healthcare Providers – Initial/Renewal Course
The BLS for Healthcare Providers – Initial/ Renewal Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This class is intended for those who have a current unexpired/expired card or those who are seeking this class for the first time.
Length: 4 hours
Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practioners, Nursing Assistants, EMT’s, Paramedics, and all Allied Health Professionals.
Directions: Please click here for directions.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
CPR AED and Safety Education prides itself in providing the highest quality of instruction. In order to provide the best experience possible for students, we require you to agree to the following terms.
* The American Heart Association requires that students possess the latest edition of the student manual or workbook and to bring it to class. You must have the book during the class.
* Books are included for students registering for 2016 and 2017 BLS and Heartsaver courses.
* ACLS and PALS students will be required to purchase the book either directly from CPR AED and Safety Education when they register, or through another source. Students should ensure that the book is Copyrighted 2016 and is published directly by the American Heart Association.
* Some courses require pre-course work as outlined in the course description. You agree to complete and bring to class the results of this work as a prerequisite for attending the course.
Course Attendance and Refund Policy
CPR AED and Safety Education wishes to accommodate students who have unforeseen circumstances that may affect their ability to attend class. Students who wish to cancel or will be late to class must call 301-681-4300 in advance. Leave a message if there is no answer. We are unable to provide consideration to those who do not call in advance.
* Calls 48 hours prior to the scheduled session may reschedule to a different session without penalty. If requested, a refund for course fees will be issued minus a $10.00 administrative fee. We are sorry but we are unable to refund book fees once they are issued to students.
* Calls less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled session may reschedule to a different session after paying 50% of the original course fee. There will be no refunds.
* Calls less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled session will not be refunded and may not be rescheduled.
No shows are defined as students who do not call prior to the scheduled course start time to cancel or reschedule their session.
* We apologize but we are unable to issue refunds or course transfers who are no shows.
Late to Class
Course schedules are strictly followed to respect student schedules.
* Students who call 301-681-4300 to advise of the possibility of being late will receive consideration by the coordinator-on-call. If the estimated arrival would be detrimental to the course, other participants, and/or the instructor, the student will not be allowed into the class. There will be no refunds or option to transfer.
* Students who do not call and arrive late will not be admitted to the course and will forfeit their course fee.